AST considers the protection of your privacy to be very important. It will therefore never sell your personal information (referred to hereinafter as “personal data”) to third parties. Please read this privacy statement carefully to understand how we obtain data from you and how we handle that data.
When you register your personal data on the website/in the webshop, AST will process this data as the “processor” ["bewerker"] within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act ["Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens"]. AST ensures the correct, discrete and safe processing of this data as "the responsible party" [“verantwoordelijke”] within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act.
AST only collects the personal data from you that is necessary for a proper provision of services. Within the limits of the law, the personal data collected will be used in our business operations and will not be saved any longer than required by the business operations or by law.
We make every possible effort to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your data against loss or unlawful use. Allowing for the state of the art and execution costs, these measures guarantee an appropriate level of protection, given the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data.
If you register on this website or order a product, you will be asked to provide your personal data as well as your bank and payment details. We use this data for the following purposes only:
- providing and invoicing our services;
- handling your order and informing you about its progress;
Finally, we record information (including what IP address is used) with a view to compiling usage statistics as well as securing our website.
We will only provide your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- when outsourcing our services, which includes contacting you;
- when collecting outstanding receivable amounts;
- when investigating your creditworthiness and payment record;
- if we would otherwise be in breach of our statutory duties;
- and in any other – as yet unforeseen – cases where it is necessary to provide your data in order to promote our legitimate interests or those of the third party to whom the data is provided, unless your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms prevail by law.
Transferring your data to countries outside the EU
It may be necessary for technical and operational reasons to transfer your data to servers at our affiliates in the United States or other countries outside Europe, where the rules regarding the protection of privacy may be different from those in the European Union. However, we will always take appropriate measures to guarantee that your data is as well protected as possible.
Inspecting and correcting your data
This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Changes will be announced on this page.